The Enduring Appeal of Wedding Make-Up
It is unlikely that the time-honoured institution of marriage will ever fall away and cease to exist, no matter how much standards, traditions, and trends change. Wedding fashions can and do change, a great deal and often, but the need and demand for the best, most suitable, and effective bridal make-up remains constant.
Make-up is one of the most rapid, effective ways of transforming a person’s appearance and allure from one that may be quite ordinary to a visage that is extraordinarily beautiful and appealing – the way that every bride wants to look on her most special, big day, her wedding day, when she is to be joined in matrimony to her beloved.
Most brides opt for the services and skills of a professional make-up artist, such as the talented specialists trained by Face to Face Beauty & Make-up Design School, the longest-standing specialist training academy in beauty and a host of allied aspects of this industry.
Nonetheless, there are brides who have the practical skills and confidence in their abilities to create their own, unique wedding look. Either way, there are several universal hints, tips, and guidelines that apply to bridal cosmetics.
Universal Tips and Guidelines
- Identify your best and least pleasing features – objectively
- Enhance and highlight the former; minimise or disguise the latter, creating an optimal balanced look
- Have at least one trial cosmetic application run before the big day, likewise with your hairstyle and hair colour
- Take the shade of your complexion, hair, wedding gown, plus the season and time of day when your marriage takes place into account when selecting your cosmetics
- Use the best-possible products that last well, without requiring frequent touch-ups
- Prepare the surface of the face – your canvas – well
- Avoid too much or too heavy make-up. Your groom and guests do not want to encounter a stranger, gracefully walking down the aisle
Whatever else you decide to do on the day of your marriage, ensure that you stick to your schedule, do not rush your wedding make-up, smile, give your countenance that special bridal glow, and enjoy this wonderful day.