It is OPEN DAY tomorrow. Visit us for a full tour of the facility. Beautiful COLOUR eyelash extensions.
The Aesthetic Importance of Eyebrow Shaping
Almost all facets and features of the human face vary, and yet, upon meeting someone for the first time, one usually does not observe and evaluate each individual component of the face in isolation, unless the feature is particularly unusual (pleasing or less so).
Detract or Enhance
Nevertheless, face shapes and that of facial features may make, break, detract, or enhance the overall picture, image, or impression of a face. When all these aspects are in balance with one another, within relevant parameters, the face is aesthetically pleasing.
Balance and Definition
This brings us to a facial feature that is sometimes ignored, neglected, mismatched, or misshapen, which is the eyebrows. Although fashions and trends come and go, brows nonetheless add aesthetic definition and balance to the face.
Naturally, they have a variety of shapes, sizes, and proportions. Fortunately, many aesthetic aspects of the brows may be corrected by improving their shapes. Initially, it is recommended to have shaping done by a qualified beautician, possibly by a Face to Face Beauty and Make-up Design School graduate. These ladies have a keen eye for detail and are trained to assess and observe the balance, combination, and outlines of facial features.
Once yours are professionally formed, it is easy to keep them in mint condition by maintaining their shape at home, keeping a few guidelines in mind.
- Tweezing, rather than threading or waxing stray hairs beneath the brow is the most practical method of shaping to keep the brows tidy.
- Removing excess growth in this area opens up the eyes, giving a more wide-eyed, youthful appearance.
- Do not over pluck.
- The ideal brow has a gentle arch, without noticeable gaps between hairs. You do not want a pair of caterpillars or tadpoles settling above the eyes.
- Use feathery, soft pencil strokes or powder to fill in gaps. The colour should complement your complexion and hair colour.
- Ensure that both eyebrows are of equal proportions.
The ideal brow begins directly in line with the outer edges of the nostrils, tapering gradually to end at an angle, which lines up with the same part of the nose, and there you are, beautiful and complete with eyebrows that flatter.