Professional Wedding Make-Up Guidelines for Your Big Day
Every bride wants to be the star of her most special day, her wedding. Moreover, she wants to feature as the star all day long. Nowadays, many brides opt for wedding make-up applied by a professional make-up artist, whom she trusts with her wedding make-up and bridal beauty. This is one reason why Face to Face Beauty & Make-Up Design School includes wedding/bridal make-up in so many of their relevant courses.
Some ladies prefer the DIY route. Nonetheless, the same guidelines and tips apply to professional and amateur make-up artists, which is to maximise the bride’s best attributes, minimise features that may detract from it, and give her the radiance epitomised by all beautiful brides, throughout the entire wedding day.
- Give your skin special care well before the big day. Get a facial a few days before the wedding.
- Have at least one trial make-up (and hairstyle) session before the wedding day to ensure that you are happy with your wedding make-up and crowning glory, inclusive of your veil or headpiece.
- Take a piece of fabric in the same shade of white or ivory as your wedding dress when having trial sessions to ensure an accurate cosmetic colour selection that compliments the gown.
- Keep it natural, classic, subtle, and matte. Avoid heavy make-up, shine, and ultra-trendy looks, which may show up on photographs, and date the bride’s appearance when viewed later.
- Use long-lasting products on clean skin. Long-lasting or waterproof make-up, especially mascara, is recommended.
- Focus on either the eyes or lips, rather than both, but wear a lipstick that is a few shades brighter than that normally worn to avoid appearing too pale. High gloss, shiny lipsticks wear off quicker than matte formulations
- Bath or shower before sitting for hairstyling and make-up sessions, and wear a buttoned top, which can be removed without messing up your hair or make-up.
Your wedding should be carefree, without the need for constant, intrusive make-up touch-ups. Your all-important wedding make-up is intended to reflect your most beautiful, glowing, and radiant self, having fun on your sublimely happy wedding day.