It is OPEN DAY tomorrow. Visit us for a full tour of the facility. Beautiful COLOUR eyelash extensions.
Professional Make Up Johannesburg
Professional Make Up Opportunities in Johannesburg and Worldwide
Although we may just have passed the halfway mark of 2015, it’s never too late to enrol for a professional make up course at our beauty, make up design and special effects school, located at two campuses, one each in Parktown, Johannesburg and Helderkruin, Roodepoort.
Our next open day will take place in Johannesburg on 24 October 2015, giving you and your sponsor the ideal opportunity to visit, see the campus and school, and explore all the opportunities on offer to you in the beauty field, including the immensely interesting, challenging and rewarding disciplines of professional make up, its uses and applications.
Professional Cosmetics Products
Professional cosmetics products are those which deliver superior, visible results once applied correctly. They are generally superior to those purchased at most retail outlets, giving enhanced coverage, amplified effects, and lasting longer without any or with very minimal touch ups, even under trying or extreme conditions, such as bright spotlights or photographic lights and hot, humid or frosty, moist or dry conditions.
Professional Make Up Artists
This is where the make up and aesthetics field really becomes challenging and diversified – the wide, world of make up, special effects, aesthetics and prosthetics artists, who work professionally in enormously varied beauty fields.
Artistry Career Opportunities
• Working with or for fashion magazines and/or fashion houses.
• Doing likewise in the beauty salon on an upmarket cruise ship – a great way to travel, meet people, broaden your horizons and see the world, while earning a living.
• Opening your own business or beauty salon, where you may retail cosmetics or apply make up for a variety of special occasions and events, such as gala evenings, weddings, photographic shoots and as an image or makeover consultant.
• Working purely for a photographer – colour and black and white photography and photographic lighting.
• Specialising in catwalk, stage, television, theatre or film make up.
• Become a make up artist for a cosmetics house, based at their retail counter in a department store or take up a position as a product manager, trainer, manager or representative for the house.
• Take up employment as the personal make up artist for a celebrity or public figure.
• Assist dermatologists in clinical camouflage cosmetic application – birth marks, scars, pigmentation marks, tattoos etc.
• Corrective cosmetic application – enhance face shapes and best features, whilst minimising less pleasing proportions and features, such as noses, eyes, lips, cheekbones, lips, brows and lashes.
• Provide innovative special effects for high fashion events – pixie ears, camouflaged eyebrows, slanted eyes, altered hairlines – or for the television and film industries – bullet wounds, injuries, cuts, scars, surgical procedures and burns.
• Prosthetics for stage, TV and film.
Additional Make Up Specialisations
• Avant-garde looks.
• Day, evening, mature and ethnic make up.
• Optimal photographic cosmetic application for males.
• Body art and painting.
• Chronological ageing, including use of latex, bald caps and under eye bags.
• Themed make up, such as kabuki, ballet, geisha, clowns, characters, hobos and prostitutes, fantasy and futuristic.
Design and Aesthetics
Our excellent design and aesthetics courses cover these specialised subjects and more. Additionally, we’re the only nationally and internationally recognised professional make up design school and special effects academy in Africa, and the longest established institute of our kind in South Africa, situated in its largest city – Johannesburg.