How to Apply Makeup for Women in Their 40s and Over
You just turned 40 – congratulations! They say that life begins at 21, but we believe 40 is when the magic happens. You’ve reached an age where you’re comfortable in your skin. But no matter how positive you stay you can’t help but stress about those fine lines and wrinkles. To help you enhance, define, cover and alter fine lines and pigmentation, we’ve put together a few tips on how to apply makeup for those over 40. So, grab your makeup products and brushes and give yourself an instant face-lift.
- Swap Black Eyeliner for Brown: Eyeliner defines the eyes, but only if you use it properly. First, swap black for brown and apply eyeliner with a Q-Tip to smudge the line. That will give your eyes a softer look.
- Fill the Brows: Eyebrows thin as we age, revealing our age. Hide your age by filling in the gaps, adding volume and definition.
- Avoid the Apples and Focus on the Upper Cheekbones: After 40, skin droops and the cheekbones reveal themselves. Instead of applying blush to the apples, use upper sweeps along the upper part of your cheekbones.
- Go Light with Eye Shadow: Avoid dark tones and use light shadow tones instead as it opens the eyes and lids. Apply your eye shadow using small, circular motions instead of swipes. Pro Tip: Using a darker tone than the shadow tone, make a backward seven-shape at the outer area of the eye. That gives the eyes an instant lift.
- Apply Foundation with a Soft Buffing Brush: Fine lines and wrinkles absorb foundation, but you can avoid this by investing in liquid foundation and by dispersing it with a buffer brush.
The above expert tips on how to apply makeup will take years off your face, but there are many more tips and tricks that you can master when enrolling for Face to Face Beauty & Make-up Design School’s range of workshops and courses. We can teach you how to apply makeup to perfection.
Trackback from your site.