Eyebrow Shaping for Over 40s: Anti-Age Your Eyes in 10-Easy Steps
Need a little shaping – stuck with a rogue set of 80s bushy brows or maybe those once-lushes-locks are reliving the slender 90s? Either way, they say that the eyes are the window to the soul, but the eyes can also give away your best-kept secret, like your age. Age can change the shape, colour, and density of eyebrows. However, similar to a mini-facelift, the right set of arches can also knock years off.
Every woman knows that a well-groomed set of eyebrows frames the face and takes off years – but years of tweezing, plucking, and ageing can cause permanent arch damage. If you’re feeling anxious about both your brows, you could invest in microblading, you draw a line over your arches each morning, or you can get definition by shaping them in ten easy steps.
- Make sure you have sharp good quality tweezers.
- Sweep hairs upward with a spoolie brush and tweeze unruly hairs, avoiding grey hairs.
- Trim with small, sharp manicure scissors.
- Pull the skin taut with one hand to create a smooth surface.
- Invest in an eyebrow shade lighter than your natural colour.
- Fill in brows with a quality colour brow pencil using gentle brushstrokes that fill in patches.
- Smooth out any pencil markings by using the spoolie brush to blend the pencil.
- Dust dark eyeshadow powder over brows using feathery strokes to add dimension.
- Blend and soften eyeshadow powder with a clean mascara wand.
- Yes, it’s that simple – enjoy!
It’s time to switch up those brows and get them into tip-top summer shape. Even better, do a short Saturday morning workshop and learn about eyebrow shaping, eyelash applications, contouring, and day and night makeup techniques. No matter your age, you’re never too old or too young to better yourself.
Trackback from your site.