The Business of Beauty: Launching Your Career with an Aesthetics Course
If you have a passion for make-up and beauty and want to take it to the next level by launching a career in beauty, an aesthetics course is one of the best investments that you can make. Here at Face to Face Beauty & Make-Up Design School, we have several options for aspiring make-up artists and anyone wanting to work in the beauty realm. From our full-time diploma in Make-Up Design, Make-Up Artistry, Prosthetics and Special Effects to our shorter courses such as our Special Occasion Make-Up: Day, Evening and Bridal Make-Up course, we have lots on offer for those looking to enrol in full-time and part-time aesthetics courses.
If you’re considering enrolling in our aesthetics courses, here are some top tips that can help you achieve success in the world of beauty.
How to Launch a Beauty Career after Completing an Aesthetics Course
Once you have qualified and completed a professional aesthetics course from a renowned school like ours, it’s important to build your professional network and begin carving out your niche in the beauty world. Here are several tips that can help you to succeed.
- Find your Calling: The world of beauty is vast, and students will cover a range of styles and mediums in their aesthetic course. Find an aesthetic niche that inspires you. Maybe you’re passionate about theatre make-up and prosthetics or maybe you prefer bridal make-up and high fashion styling. Find an aesthetic area that delights you as that passion will give you the momentum to succeed.
- Build a Portfolio: Whether you’re applying to work at a beauty school or want to start your own business, a portfolio of your previous work will showcase your skills to potential employers and clients. Keep your aesthetic portfolio updated and ensure you upload your work online. Social media is one of the best ways to build your brand and get clients.
- Upskill yourself: Staying in the know with changing technologies and techniques will ensure that you stay ahead of the beauty game. Browse our short aesthetic courses – from airbrush make-up to high fashion make-up – and diversify your skillset. By keeping up to date with new trends and working on perfecting your skills, you can become a sought-after beauty therapist in the industry.
Explore Face to Face
For more information on our various courses and accreditations, get in touch with our team or attend one of our open days. We will happily answer any questions and show you how a foundation in make-up and beauty at our school can unlock an exciting future in the aesthetics world.
Holistic Wellness Education: Exploring the Curriculum of a Massage Therapy Course
Specialised massage therapy courses open up many professional doors for aspiring massage therapists in South Africa and beyond. Massage therapy dates back thousands of years, with some of the earliest references dating back to India 5000 years ago. Massage was an essential part of Hindu life and the holistic medicinal practice of Ayurveda, and massage techniques were often passed down through generations. Massage therapy was used to cure a range of ailments and bodily pains, relieve stress, and promote well-being. Fast-forward 5000 years, and massage therapy is still sought and practised worldwide.
Massage therapy courses, as offered by us at Face to Face Beauty & Make-Up Design School, offer aspiring therapists the knowledge and skills to successfully help their clients and support them through various ailments. Our students have the option to study part-time, modular massage courses, where they’ll get a certificate, or enrol in our full-time beauty qualification that runs over three years. During these three years, students will cover a range of massage therapy courses, focussed on diverse techniques.
Massage Therapy Course Components of the Beauty Specialist Qualification
Our beauty specialist qualification is available over 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years. It’s ideal for aspiring beauty therapists looking to specialise in skin care, massage, waxing, nail care, and other popular spa services. In terms of massage therapy courses, each year offers students the following skills:
- 1st-Year Beauty Specialist: In the first year, along with various beauty courses – including manicure and pedicure techniques, waxing, and make-up skills – students will learn Swedish body massage. The first year largely covers the basics of anatomy and students will access more comprehensive massage therapy courses in years two and three.
- 2nd-Year Body Therapy: Students will learn Indian head massage, body alignment, and reflexology, further enhancing their massage repertoire.
- 3rd-Year Spa Therapy: The third-year beauty specialisation course is the most comprehensive in terms of massage therapy courses. Students will cover specialised massage (such as Bamboo, Rungu, and Calabash), sports massage, hot stone massage, deep tissue massage, pregnancy massage, Lomi-Lomi massage, and infant massage.
These massage therapy courses are ideal for anyone looking to become a professional masseuse as they cover a large amount of theory and practice.
For more information on our various make-up and beauty courses, including massage therapy courses, contact us or attend one of our open days where you can explore our campus and meet prospective lecturers.
Transform Your Passion into a Career: Explore the World of Aesthetics Courses
The world of aesthetics is a dynamic and exciting one. Whether you have dreams of becoming a professional wedding make-up artist, want to work as a prosthetic artist for film, or hope to open your own make-up school, aesthetics courses are a brilliant way to upskill yourself and gain the knowledge and skills to thrive in the sector.
Explore Our Full-time and Part-Time Aesthetics Courses
At Face to Face Beauty & Make-Up Design School, we offer students with a passion for make-up the opportunity to study make-up artistry full-time or opt for shorter courses. Our full-time diploma in Make-up Design, Make-up Artistry, Prosthetics, and Special Effects runs full-time over a year, Monday to Friday 8:30 to 13:00. The practical course gives students a comprehensive understanding of make-up and make-up application processes while delving into the technical skills needed to apply prosthetics and special effects make-up. The course covers several important aesthetic subjects, including:
- The anatomy of the skin, muscles, and bones
- Basic cleansing routine
- Various make-up application techniques
- Special effects make-up
- Working with latex and bald caps
- Corrective make-up
- Fashion and bridal make-up
- Evening and mature make-up
- Character, theatre, and TV make-up
Students will also learn the basics of business studies and first aid to ensure that they are well-equipped for real-world settings. This is especially important for those hoping to start their own make-up business or those wanting to work as a private make-up artist. We also have other full-time courses covering make-up artistry, styling technology, and beauty and fashion.
Our part-time aesthetics course offerings are a great option for students who want more flexibility or need to juggle studies whilst they work. Our modular, short-term make-up courses include these two popular courses:
- Special Occasion Make-Up: Day, Evening, and Bridal: This is a great course for students who want to enhance their make-up skills. The course runs over two, 3.5-hour sessions.
- Customary Airbrush Make-Up: This revolutionary course introduces students to the world of airbrush make-up, which produces flawless results. Courses run over two, six-hour sessions and are a great asset to students wanting to work in fashion, theatre, or film.
Get in Touch with Our Team
If you are ready to embark on an exciting adventure in the world of make-up and beauty, chat with our friendly team or visit one of our campuses. We will gladly chat with you about what our aesthetics courses entail and help you find the best options to achieve your aesthetic dreams.
Becoming a Skilled Practitioner: The Pathway to Success with a Massage Therapy Course
A career in massage therapy is sought after across the globe, offering practitioners an abundance of opportunities and equipping them with the knowledge and skills to thrive in the beauty world. To excel in the world of massage, it is imperative that aspiring therapists enroll in massage therapy courses. This will equip them with the credentials to build a meaningful career and effectively contribute to the physical and emotional well-being of their clients.
So, why should you consider enrolling in a massage therapy course at our renowned make-up and beauty academy? A professional qualification in massage offers aspiring massage therapists many valuable advantages.
The Benefits of Enrolling in a Professional Massage Therapy Course
The benefits are myriad when you enroll in a massage therapy course at our school. Let’s explore a few of them below.
- In-Depth Training:Professional massage courses equip students with the right knowledge and skills to excel in the art of massage. Learn about the body’s anatomy and discover a myriad of vital techniques to ensure that you give your clients world-class service every time. At Face to Face Beauty & Make-Up Design School, students will learn an array of methods, including Indian head massage, hot stone massage, pregnancy massage, infant massage, Lomi-Lomi massage, and deep tissue massage.
- Professional Qualifications:Professional accreditation sets students up for a successful career and shows prospective employers that they have the right credentials to succeed. Our full-time beauty course offerings (which focus largely on massage in the third year) are both nationally and internationally accredited by City & Guilds, ITEC, Services Seta, and CIDESCO.
- Career Opportunities: A professional qualification in massage opens many career doors. Massage therapists are easily able to find jobs in spas, hospitals, wellness centres, resorts, cruise ships, and rehabilitation centres. It’s also an excellent qualification for those looking to start their own enterprise. Since the courses give you hands-on experience, you will be ready and confident to showcase your skills to the world once you’ve completed your massage qualification.
Explore Our Massage Courses and More
Professional massage therapy courses set students up for success, offering them a solid foundation in the beauty sector. Learn about various types of massage, best practices when working with clients, and the various techniques and theories to treat different conditions. For more information on our full-time offerings and short-term modular courses, browse our courses or chat with our friendly team. If you’re ready to embark on a career in beauty, make-up, or massage, our academy awaits.
Embarking on a Career in Aesthetics: Exploring Aesthetics Courses
Beauty and aesthetics courses are rising in popularity across the world. Aesthetics courses cover a wide range of treatments, from advanced beauty therapies like laser skincare to Botox and dermal fillers. Before exploring the varied and dynamic world of aesthetics, it is important that professional therapists have a strong foundation in beauty therapy. A three-year diploma from our reputable academy is one of the best ways to invest in your beauty career and gain essential skills and knowledge to thrive in the aesthetics industry.
Advanced Beauty and Aesthetics Courses
Before therapists can enrol in advanced aesthetics courses, it is essential that they have mastered a wide range of beauty therapies. During our 1-year, 2-year, and 3-year course offerings, we equip our students with a comprehensive range of subjects and skills, including the following subject areas:
- Skincare therapy
- Lash and brow tinting and care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Applied dermatology
- Massage (including Swedish, Holistic, Hot Stone, Indian Head Massage, and Lomi Lomi)
- Product house training
- Body alignment and movement
- Business administration
Our third-year spa therapy diploma covers a range of aesthetic courses, such as permanent make-up and specialised spa therapies.
Those who have been awarded a beauty diploma from our academy might look into more advanced treatment options once they have completed their studies. Aesthetic practices will often require professionals to register with the necessary health regulatory bodies in order to ensure that all treatments are in alignment with medical law. Advanced treatments include:
- Laser therapy for hair removal (such as IPL) and skin rejuvenation, including the treatment of skin conditions like acne or rosacea
- Injectables, including Botox and dermal fillers
- Chemical peels
- Post-surgery or injury care for skin damage
Advanced aesthetics courses can complement a beauty therapy qualification and enable therapists to offer clients a wider range of treatments.
Chat with Our Aesthetic Experts
If you are dreaming about a dynamic career in beauty, why not chat with our expert beauty team? We will happily chat with you about various career prospects and discuss how a foundation in beauty therapy can pave the way for a successful aesthetic career. For more information on our full-time and short courses, get in touch today. All our offers are available at both our head office and West Rand. Contact us for assistance and we will gladly answer any queries.
Essential Skills and Techniques Taught in Professional Massage Courses
Enrolling in a reputable beauty academy and investing in quality massage courses are incredible ways to enhance your beauty therapy offerings. Massage courses equip students with a wide and versatile range of body-healing skills so that they can become skilled therapists. At Face to Face, students have a few options when it comes to massage courses and can either enrol in our full-time, 3-year beauty therapy course, or shorter modular options.
Quality Education at Your Fingertips: Massage Therapy Courses in Johannesburg
Massage therapy courses can expand your beauty knowledge and service offerings. Massage therapy is a highly valuable skill that can significantly advance your career. Whether you want to start a side business and offer massage for a few hours a week or become a fully fledged beauty therapist and work in professional spas worldwide, massage therapy courses will amplify your skills and yield many sought-after professional opportunities.
Your Guide to Selecting the Best School for Beauty Therapy Courses in Joburg
Enrolling in a beauty therapy course is a thrilling prospect for many. With so many exciting career opportunities after graduation and such a broad array of beauty-related subjects to learn, beauty therapy remains a popular field of study. But how do students find the best beauty therapy course and school? Before enrolling in a beauty therapy course in Joburg and finding a school that can meet your needs, there are several essential considerations. We’ll explore them in detail below.
Attending beauty therapy college is a popular study path in South Africa and beyond, offering aspiring beauty therapists the chance to develop their technical skills and embark on a wide range of career opportunities. The length of study at a beauty therapy college will depend largely on the skills you’re looking to acquire. At Face to Face Beauty & Make-Up Design School, for example, we offer full-time and part-time beauty qualifications. Our full-time offerings in beauty include the following courses:
If you’ve ever wondered about the best make-up courses in Gauteng, it’s time to explore the dynamic world of Face to Face Beauty & Make-up Design School. A make-up or beauty therapy career can bring many exciting and vibrant career prospects. From traditional salon-based beauty therapy and massage to special effects make-up on film sets or make-up for commercials, there are so many career options when you enrol in our make-up courses in Gauteng. With internationally recognised qualifications available, the world is truly your oyster when you work with us.