2 days 9 hours ago
Face to Face updated their cover photo.
In South Africa, beauty schools are not exactly a dime a dozen, but nevertheless, this country has its fair share of such institutes, particularly in the major cities and most certainly in and around the country’s economic hub, Johannesburg. Therefore, students have a choice of beauty colleges.
However, don’t make the mistake of assuming that they’re all equally good, utilising the same curricula, employing lecturers of similar high calibre or furnishing bona fide qualifications, which enjoy national and international recognition and accreditation. Most only have one educational centre at which learners attend classes.
Many beauty school learners (but certainly not all) are youngsters who have recently left traditional schools, wanting to enter the beauty profession for the first time and taking the first steps towards building a career in this exciting creative field.
It’s important for them to have all possible facts at hand, so that they and their sponsors may make an informed decision about which academy they should select and which one will open the most professional doors for them after graduation.
With this in mind, we’d like to tell you a bit about our exclusive beauty, make-up design and special effects academy – the longest established educational institute of its kind in South Africa – Face to Face Beauty & Make-up Design School, where you’ll receive training par excellence.
Here are a few facts about our establishment:
• Established in 1965.
• Still owned, managed and run by the same family, descendants of the original founder, the dedicated Mrs Rhona Greaves.
• Notable staff to student ratio, allowing for ample individual attention, as and when required.
• Academic personnel are highly-trained beauty professionals, each an expert in her/his own right.
• Only the industry’s most modern, current techniques, training and facilitation methods are used.
• Training is thorough, extensive and intensive, in order to equip students with the best comprehensive skills.
• The college is one of the most well-equipped schools of its kind, globally.
• Uniforms are chic, smart, neat and professional. It’s easy to recognise a well-groomed, well-turned out Face to Face learner anywhere, even at a distance.
• Qualifications are aligned and registered with SAQA (South African Qualifications Authority).
• We’re also internationally accredited with the most relevant industry bodies.
• Learners are encouraged to write international accreditation exams. Once passed, membership of several international bodies allows graduates to be accepted for work in a variety of disciplines, anywhere in the world. Locally, they’re likely to receive preference in the job market too when applying to fill a vacancy.
• The academy and all of our staff members are committed educators and trainers, who dedicate their efforts towards producing beauty professionals of the highest calibre, who will carry the excellent reputation of our college with pride, echoing the vision which Mrs Greaves possessed, all those many years ago.
• Face to Face offers a choice of two campuses at which to study – one at the head office premises in Parktown, Johannesburg and the other in the Roodepoort suburb of Helderkruin, northwest of Johannesburg.
We regularly host open days throughout the year and welcome prospective students and their sponsors to visit, address their questions and queries, and chat with our registrar about enrolling for the course of their choice at the next available intake.
Tags: Beauty Schools