So unbelievably proud of our learners first mask. Guided by our amazing lecturing trio. Enrol on our open day for 2021. @_de_wet_ @bronnykilian @taking.effect #prostheticmakeup…
Superb Specialised Training
Since the latter part of the 20th century, virtually all aspects of society have become highly specialised, particularly in professions and the workplace. The pace of life is hectic and people don’t have time to waste; you consult the appropriate specialist.
If your teeth are bothering you, you go to a dentist or orthodontist. You see a therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist for emotional or behavioural issues. Podiatrists take care of foot problems, and cardiologists attend to the heart and circulatory system. Beauticians see to your appearance, while a beauty therapist treats the body as a whole.
Because of this professional specialisation, practitioners in each occupation require niche education and training in their chosen area of endeavour. While hands-on experience and enthusiasm will always be invaluable, it’s simply no longer enough – not if you’re ambitious and serious about your career and future employment opportunities.
It is essential that you have formal, specialised training and a recognised, accredited qualification in order to succeed. The standard of your tuition, content of the curriculum and the reputation of the institution at which you study or qualify at also speak volumes about your initial abilities and employment potential immediately after graduation.
Longest Established Specialist Beauty School
We’re proud of our unique place amongst South Africa’s beauty colleges. Our exclusive academy is the longest established beauty, make-up design and special effects school in the entire country. Moreover, the qualifications on offer are recognised and accredited nationally and internationally, in accordance with leading industries and awarding body standards.
Another fact about our history and current situation is also highly valued by our learners, their parents and their sponsors. Since the 1965 founding of our school by Mrs Rhona Greaves, ownership and executive management of the organisation still rests in the hands of the same family, a mother-and-daughter team who are direct descendants of Mrs Greaves.
Like our founder, they remain dedicated and committed to providing the best possible education and training in a number of beauty specialisations for various relevant employment specialities – health and skin care, special effects and make-up design for stage, film and theatre industries – a truly comprehensive field.
Diverse Career and Employment Choices
- Pursue your career locally or overseas.
- See the world, whilst earning an income in the salon on board a cruise liner.
- Specialise in nail technology, which also offers job opportunities on cruise ships.
- Establish your own business or work at an established beauty business.
- Work for fashion magazines, or fashion or cosmetic houses – industries which also require make-up artists and stylists, both of which may suit you – freelance or formally employed.
- Specialise in make-up artistry for photographic, modelling, film, television or theatre industries.
- Work as a personal make=up artist for celebrities.
- Image consulting.
- Specialise in bridal and special occasion cosmetics and styling.
- Concentrate on airbrush work.
- Create prostheses and special effects for stage, TV and films.
- Represent cosmetic houses and their products to the industry and public.
- Assist dermatologists and cosmetic surgeons in a health spa environment.
These are only some of the host of doors which you can open for yourself, providing that you complete your training, qualify and obtain the preferred accreditation, and set your mind on the speciality that excites you. You decide and our beauty school will help you get there.