It is OPEN DAY tomorrow. Visit us for a full tour of the facility. Beautiful COLOUR eyelash extensions.
Beautiful Brides and Their Wedding Make-Up
Make-up is no longer something that is only worn on high days and holidays or only by celebrity figures, even though society’s attitudes towards wearing cosmetic products has chopped and changed at various times through the ages and in various cultures.
During times when puritanical norms were the order of the day, the use of any visible type of applied beauty aid was considered indecent, and yet those selfsame women might pinch their cheeks and bite their lips to make them appear rosy.
Modern women do not need to torture themselves with painful pinches and bites. Instead, most apply cosmetic products daily – light for daywear and somewhat more pronounced for a night on the town or an after-dark occasion. However, wedding make-up occupies a unique beauty niche.
A Few Bridal Factors
Various factors should be considered when perfecting a bridal face, because on this day, above all others, every bride wants to look like the most breathtaking, naturally beautiful version of herself, not like a face-painted stranger.
- Day or evening wedding
- Seasons and weather conditions and their effect on the bride
- Bride’s complexion and the colour or shade of her bridal gown
- A knowledge of her personal style, her dress and veil or headdress, current cosmetic trends, and fashion and period influences in make-up
- Her skin tone and type – oily, dry, or combination – and the most appropriate products to produce a flawless, radiant complexion
- Which cosmetic products will remain in place and outlast the festivities, with minimal touch-ups required
- Bride’s face shape, as well as her best features that may be enhanced, plus those which she may want to minimise
- An objective, artist’s eye for detail that sees the big picture too
- A steady hand with which to apply and perfect her wedding make-up
Whether you wish to offer your beauty clients an additional service or you want to know how to apply your own wedding make-up like professional artists, Face to Face Beauty & Make-up Design School has a short course just for you and your bridal cosmetic ambitions.