So unbelievably proud of our learners first mask. Guided by our amazing lecturing trio. Enrol on our open day for 2021. @_de_wet_ @bronnykilian @taking.effect #prostheticmakeup…
Beautician Courses on which to Build a Career
Most girls love to be surrounded by make-up and all the products and tools of the trade which make one look beautiful, and some have the idea that the products and a degree of creativity is virtually all one needs to become a beautician, but nothing could be further from the truth! Today, it takes a passion for this field plus intensive study via recognised courses offered by an accredited training academy if you are to find your place amongst those deemed artists in the trade.
What’s more, without successful completion of at least one beautician’s course and accredited qualifications, one has very little chance of getting employment in this varied, interesting industry, which has become highly professional, sometimes challenging and always rewarding, if this is where your passion lies.
- You need to be a “people person”, since you’re constantly in very close contact with them, must be able to relate well to others, take an interest in them, their appearance, likes and dislikes.
- The ability to put your client as ease and engender their trust in you, your abilities and recommendations.
- Empathy will help you understand that someone seeing their beautician is possibly not looking their best when they first walk in, and this may make them feel somewhat vulnerable. Your task is to make them look and feel better about themselves, enhance their good features and minimise those which they find less pleasing, in addition to performing treatments, therapies and other health and beauty techniques.
- You’ll need to be at least 16 years of age.
- The ability to cope under pressure.
- Patience – clients can be demanding.
- Prepared to work odd or long hours when required.
- Flexibility and positive attitude.
- Good powers of observation and an eye for detail.
- Creativity and artistic innovative ability.
- Above all, a passion for and love of fashion and beauty.
Variety of Courses
As a leading beauty, make-up and special effects design school of long standing, our academy offers a host of courses, designed to provide theoretical and practical training to equip learners to pursue a career in one or more beauty disciplines.
Some may prefer a salon or spa environment, while others have a desire to enter a career specialising in stage, theatre, photographic, television or special effects fields. Add fashion, image analysis and consulting, prosthetics, make-up design, anatomy, skin care, make-up for different ethnicities, ages and occasions, body art and business principles, and you have just a small sample of the beauty courses we offer at our nationally and internationally accredited Johannesburg training facilities.
Courses which have a highly comprehensive content encompassing numerous modules are generally presented on a full time basis, but a number of these do include a part time study option. We’re able to accommodate two intakes per year, with courses typically commencing early in February and August respectively each year.
In instances where courses are more advanced, it will be incumbent upon students to complete the prescribed experiential working hours in the industry in order to qualify, and this real working experience will stand them in good stead when they actually enter the workplace as a fully qualified beautician.
We cordially invite you as a prospective beautician, to book a course enrolment interview with our registrar, who will address all your questions and concerns, giving you all the information you need to take the next step into your future and a successful career.
Tags: Beautician Courses
Trackback from your site.