The global hair care market reached US$ 91 Billion in 2019 and, according to estimates from the Fortune Insights Report for 2019-2026 will reach US$ 111.98 Billion by 2026. This means means if you’re an outgoing creative that keeps up with all the latest hair trends and aspires to travel and become an entrepreneur someday, its time you explore a career in hairstyling. Here’s why hairstyling tops the list of the happiest careers.
- Career Fulfillment—although the hair care industry is competitive, there’s no better career than one that makes you want to jump out of bed in the morning. Stylists who are ambitious and take professionalism seriously can make a lucrative living anywhere they lay down their shears.
- Flexibility—stylists can be independent; can tailor their hours to fit their lifestyles, and can do what they do best anywhere they lay down their cutting tools.
- Artistic Freedom—being a hairstylist provides daily opportunities to change the lives of people in more ways than one. Hairstyling is an art, and being able to use your creativity to help people express who they are, will give you both satisfaction and the freedom to innovate.
- Career Opportunities—hairstyling is a skill and service that you can take anywhere. You can travel and work, find a hairstyling job on a cruise liner, work in a spa or lodge, or can book ar chair in a salon and be your own boss. It is a career that provides many freelance opportunities for those looking to enter the bridal, fashion and media industries.
- Job Security—today, itis handy to know a trade. Hair care is far from a luxury. Even in a global pandemic, people will drive hours and break laws for a haircut. Hairstylists are always in demand, especially if they are on-trend.
Nothing is more rewarding than following a career you are passionate about, especially a career such as hairstyling. It’s social and artistic. You always meet new people, get to change lives for the better, and your clients treat you like a rock star, all while you are making good money.
Love staying on trend with all the latest cosmetic tips, tricks, and techniques? If you have a love affair with colours, brushes and contouring, but want to master the tricks of the trade, then you should sign up for one of themake-up short courses at Face to Face Makeup & Beauty Design School. Below is a brief overview of the courses:
- Special Occasion: Day, Evening & Bridal—every woman deserves to know how to apply foundation and contour like a pro. Sign up alone or with your girlfriends and enjoy our 2-day workshop that covers face shapes, eyelash application, and day, evening and bridal makeup.
- Fast Fashion Hairstyling & Day, Evening & Bridal—with the wedding season on the horizon, bridal make-up artists will be in hot demand, creating opportunities for skilful creatives. This course covers eyelash application, scalp massage, and day, evening and bridal makeup. We also teach you some of the most fashionable bridal hairstyling techniques to add to your portfolio.
- Customary Airbrush—if the world of fashion, theatre and film make-up fascinates you, this shortcourse will show you how to make models and brides look flawless, presenters appear polished and actors look like better and younger versions of themselves. Using Kryalon makeup, we cover air foundation, brow, shadow, blush and lip techniques, contouring, shading, mixing colours, and fantasy tattoos and stencils.
- Image Consultancy and Special Occasion—if you have an eye for fashion, our short course will give you a stepping stone to enter the industry as an image consultant or a fashion stylist. Thecourse covers face shapes, colours, figure analysis and wardrobe planning. It also covers day, evening, and special occasion makeup training.
If you’ve always wanted to sign up for a professional make-up course but could not squeeze it into your busy schedule, nothing is stopping you now. Our short courses can teach you all there is to know about special effects, hairstyling, and bridal and fashion make-up artistry.
You’re finishing school next year, and your folks have been on your case about enrolling in a course, one that will give you a stepping stone to a rewarding career. The problem is you do not want to commit to a 3-year Cosmetology degree or diploma. Instead, you’d like to enroll in one of many short courses that focus on individual services, like massage, micro-needling, nail technology, or even hairstyling.
Recession-Proof and Expected to Grow by another 272 Billion by 2023
Today, it’s essential to know what you want before investing money in education. It is also just as important to invest in an education that you’re passionate about, preferably one that will not crash in economic times. Fortunately, the global beauty industry is worth about $532 billion, with the cosmetic industry expected to reach $805 billion by 2023.
Beauty, makeup, and health & wellness trends, products and treatments are forever changing. As a result, this provides rich opportunities for those that change with it. If you’re interested in signing up for individual short courses, Face to Face Beauty & Makeup Design School has what you need to get started or build on to your existing portfolio.
Nearly 54 years of Excellence and Still Leading the Industry
Face to Face Beauty & Makeup Design School provides a creative and academic platform where students turn into industry professionals. As one of the longest established specialist training academies in beauty, makeup design and special effects in the Southern Hemisphere, we use the top professionals in the country and instruct and educate using the most up to date in techniques and equipment in the industry.
As one of the best recognised schools in the world, we offer a variety of short courses, like nail technology, skincare and eye therapy, eyelash extension applications, and waxing techniques. We also offer Swedish and holistic massage, aromatherapy, and reflexology short courses. Once you are certified, you can become a massage therapist, skincare specialist, nail technician, hairstylist or makeup artist.
A bad hair day can affect your day negatively. It can impact you in more ways than simply needing to wear a hat to cover it up. When your tresses look a little sad, then your confidence levels can take a major dip. This can affect your performance during an important presentation at work, as you might be more concerned about what your colleagues and potential business partners think of your appearance. It can also affect your confidence levels during a date, and in turn, the person you are with might be able to pick up on the fact that you feel a little insecure.
With all of the difficulties we already have to face in life on the daily, having bad hair does not need to be one of them. Luckily, there are professionals in the hairstyling industry that are doing their part every day to help save the world from bad hair days.
Make-up artistry is certainly an art form in its own right. With a face as your canvas, a brush in hand, and products like foundation, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and an eyebrow pencil, you can create the most beautiful works of art.
It is safe to say that more people practise this type of art than any other. While there are many who do sketches, paint on canvases, and do performance art, many people do their make-up either every day or a few times a week. Every person who puts paints their face is an artist. While most only do it for themselves and maybe a sister or a friend, there are those who choose to make this type of art a career.
Have you heard of retail therapy? Well, beauty therapy is even better. When an individual feels sad, frustrated, or simply emotional, going for treatments such as getting a new haircut, getting a manicure or pedicure, getting a facial, or going for a massage, can make you feel like a new person.
This is the best kind of therapy for many, even better than shopping. We all know that hairstylists do not just style hair. Customers typically spend their time in the chair talking about their lives and troubles. Your hairstylist can end up knowing more about you and your life than your family members. Manicures and pedicures are also not just given, they come with conversation. And when someone is sad or stressed, there is nothing like a massage to lift their spirits.
There are many special events and occasions for which we dress up and where we take photos, but unless it is your wedding day, the chances are that you will not look back at these photos that often or display many photos from the event in your home. Your wedding photos will stay with you forever, and you do not want to regret your choices years down the line. Here are a few tips that we have put together to help you get a more timeless look.
If your eyes are the windows to your soul, then your eyebrows are the frames. Well-shaped brows are essential when it comes to looking your best. Eyebrow shaping has become very popular in recent years, with a lot more people around the world spending extra time, money, and attention to ensure that their window frames show off their eyes as best they can.
Back in the day, shaping your brows meant simply waxing or tweezing them and possibly tinting them and defining them with a pencil or powder. Nowadays, there are a lot more options to choose from. You can now have your eyebrows threaded and even go for microblading. There are more maintenance products available, and many are spending extra time every morning to ensure that their brows make the statement they want.
It can be difficult to choose a career path, especially when you have various interests and endless options to choose from. When giving advice on which career path to pursue, many people advise that you choose a career where you can earn a lot of money regardless of whether or not you will actually enjoy the work that you do. Others will advise that you follow your passion and that you should choose to do something that you enjoy even if you just earn enough money to pay your bills.
We believe that life is too short to be stuck doing a job that you hate. It is far better to choose a career path that will allow you to do something that you enjoy doing and earn enough money to live comfortably. You can follow your passion and earn a decent living.
If you have been working in the beauty industry a while, followed celebrity treatment trends, or just love a good massage yourself, then you have probably heard of reflexology. The ancient practice, however, has much more profound origins than most realise. Today, it is recognised as a form of massage that offers real benefits to those who enjoy this focused treatment, and studying such a course might just be the boost your career needs.