It is OPEN DAY tomorrow. Visit us for a full tour of the facility. Beautiful COLOUR eyelash extensions.
Applying Natural Looking Make-Up
How to Apply Natural Looking Eye Make-Up
Irrespective of the time of day or the occasion, it is really important to know how to apply eye make-up correctly, since it is just as easy to get it right as it is to get it wrong, and if eye make-up goes wrong, your entire appearance may be ruined.
Emphasise and Enhance
The purpose of applying cosmetic products to the eye area is the emphasis and enhancement of one of your most distinctive, expressive facial features, often the very features that others notice first and remember thereafter. This is why we, at Face to Face Beauty and Make-Up Design School, take pleasure in demystifying the application of cosmetic products to the eyes by giving you a few basic “how to” tips.
“How to” Basics for a Natural Eye
- Ensure that the entire face – your canvas – is clean and well moisturised. Brushes and sponges used for application, and blending should also be squeaky clean.
- Position yourself in a place with good lighting. Make use of natural light, if at all possible.
- Apply a primer to ensure that make-up adheres well and lasts longer (special eyelid primers are available for this delicate area).
- Follow with foundation that complements and evens out your natural skin tone. Blend in a concealer to disguise and minimise imperfections, such as blemishes and dark circles.
- Smooth and blend the lightest colour eyeshadow over the entire upper eyelid, up to the under-brow area.
- Add depth by applying a deeper shade of eyeshadow along the crease of the eye, working and blending from the inner to outer area.
- Give additional definition to upper eyelids by adding a fine pencil, liquid, or gel eyeliner, close to the lashes.
- Open up and brighten eyes by applying one or two coats of mascara after using an eyelash curler.
- Never forget the eyebrows, which should be shaped, brushed into position, and if necessary, filled in with a soft brow pencil or brow powder.
Quick and Easy, Once you Know How
If applying eye make-up is new to you, it will soon become a quick and easy process, once you know how. Practice does make perfect and saves loads of time.