There are many career prospects in the Make-up design, Special Effects and Health and Skincare industry. You have a wide spectrum of career opportunities.
With a positive attitude the Face to Face graduates will have no difficulty finding employment.
Listed below are some of the fields of employment to consider:
- Working on cruise liners while seeing the world
- Working with fashion houses & magazines
- Freelance Styling for TV, Film and Theatre
- Freelance make-up artist
- Working for photographers
- Theatre make-up artist
- Representative, product trainer or manager of a professional product house
- Make-up artist in the UK for Harrods or many other international departmental stores
- Make-up artist for cosmetic companies
- Opening your own business
- Working in conjunction with dermatologists for clinical camouflage
- The use of prosthesis / special effect in the television & film industry
- Working in wardrobe departments on set
- Working as personal artist for celebrities
- Working as an image consultant
- Working as a nail technologist on cruise liners
- Working in a beauty salon / managing a beauty salon
- Representative, product trainer or manager for cosmetic companies
- Working as an airbrush artist
To be successful in any career one needs a certain aptitude towards the industry and should possess characteristics well suited for the tasks at hand. A successful make-up artist has a creative eye and pays attention to detail, he/she also has a passion for beauty and fashion trends.
You will be working under pressure and sometimes your clients will expect you to work irregular hours so be prepared for that. If you fit the profile or are prepared to adapt and learn then you will probably prosper in the make up and beauty industry.
Several exciting opportunites await talented individuals looking to build a make-up career. Although the work can be demanding attitude at time, it is rewarding and fulfilling.