Professional Make-up Johannesburg
One Professional Johannesburg Make-up Academy with Two Campuses
Where do you go in Johannesburg if you want the best possible training in professional make-up application, especially if you want to carve a career for yourself in this stimulating, highly creative field? This type of education falls outside the usual schooling and college curriculum if one intends to obtain an accredited qualification.
If you want the best, the answer is straightforward – you come to us. 49 years of experience in providing education and training at the highest level, while keeping up-to-date with the latest advances in know-how and professional make-up technology, has kept our Johannesburg academy at the forefront in this industry.
Two of our most popular courses involve make-up, either part- or full-time. Students of the former receive a certificate on completion, while those studying make-up design & artistry, prosthetics & special effects on a full-time basis, qualify with a diploma plus a certificate of achievement, issued by our academy.
Part Time Make-up Courses
- Special occasion – improve application skills for one’s own use, plus day, evening and bridal wear.
- Customary airbrush – teaches learners all they need to know about airbrush techniques, from basic beginners to advanced level. It’s ideal to add to a skills portfolio and as an additional source of income.
- Image consulting – begins by teaching the essential aspects of body type and its language, appearance, image and the role of colour and includes day, evening and special occasion techniques.
- Fast fashion hairstyling – two courses are offered to improve and update one’s existing hairstyling skills, one of which includes a special occasion make-up module.
- Make-up design & artistry, prosthetics & special effects – virtually every type of application which you can imagine, from photographic to stage and screen, ageing, corrective, camouflage, fantasy, themed, special effects and avant-garde, to bald cap making and application, face painting, body art, beards and a host of other techniques.
- Design & aesthetics – includes nail technology, manicures, pedicures, henna tattoos, Indian head massage techniques, eyelash extensions, image consulting and colour coding, and lots more.
- Artistry – 6 months’ full-time or one year part time study options, well suited to those who wish to enter the world of photographic, television, stage or movie cosmetic application, focussed on gaining lots of hands-on, practical learning experience.
- Styling & aesthetics technology – spans 7 months’ full-time study, covering a curriculum similar to that of design & aesthetics.
- Beauty & fashion – improve your understanding and knowledge of products and application techniques during two months’ full-time/three months’ part time course – also offered on an advanced level over the same but additional period of time.
At Our Campus
Lecturers, teachers and trainers are all highly qualified professionals in their own fields of expertise, eager to impart their knowledge and experience to all our college learners. The high teacher/low student numbers per class ratio means that our learners receive effective guidance and mentoring assistance, which is particularly important in areas where practical skills must be developed.
Students may choose the campus which is most conveniently located, either in Parktown, Johannesburg, or Helderkruin, Roodepoort, at which to take classes and qualify in their professional make-up fields of choice.
Back to Blog >>
- Teacher’s and assessor’s module – an advanced, one year full-time diploma course to qualify as a trainer, assessor and moderator.
Tags: Professional Make-up Johannesburg