Highly Regarded Beautician Courses
Wisely, you have decided to enrol for a beautician courses at a college which offers tuition in this field, because you realise that your career prospects will be extremely limited without qualifications, even though you have a passion and natural talent for all things related to beauty.
You’re quite correct. It is essential that you undertake formal courses if you wish to practice as a professional beautician, because you truly won’t get far in today’s highly competitive business and beauty world without an appropriate, widely recognised qualification.
What is the Role of a Beautician?
A professional beautician is someone who has made a career of providing their clients with beauty treatments, consisting of certain specialised disciplines or practices only, or a whole host of treatments, possibly including hair colouring, cutting and styling, nails – manicures and pedicures, massages, make-up, skin and body care treatments, reflexology, aromatherapy, slimming and body toning treatments.
Not All Equal
Please accept a word of caution regarding qualifications. Not all are equal. In fact, unfortunately, some are barely worth the paper on which they’re printed. To avoid such a money and time-wasting situation, there are two main factors to take into account – the credibility of the college at which you study and likewise, the credibility of the qualifications which they issue.
Ensure Recognition and Accreditation
At our exclusive beauty, make-up design and special effects academy, and its two main campuses, our beautician and other courses are in line with and accredited by Services Seta and the curricula comply with their requirements. This takes care of national accreditation within South Africa.
International recognition, accreditation and membership is awarded to learners who successfully complete the examinations of City & Guilds, CIDESCO and ITEC. With these professional memberships and accreditations, our graduates are able to work as beauticians all over the world.
As a general rule, our graduates tend to find employment rather easily, since our college is well known and highly regarded throughout the beauty and allied industries. Many diverse opportunities abound for well-trained, professionally qualified beauticians.
Whether you become a generalist or only focus on certain treatments, there are particular characteristics which would be to your advantage.
- Aboard a luxury ocean liner.
- Work locally or internationally.
- Open your own business or salon.
- Manage that of someone else.
- Working for photographers, magazines or fashion houses – employed formally or on a freelance basis.
- Working for a celebrity as a personal beautician.
- Image consulting.
- Manager, product trainer or representative for a professional product house, or cosmetic or skin and body care company.
- Assisting cosmetic surgeons or dermatologists in the treatment and clinical camouflage of patients who require such additional professional attention.
- Working at, managing or opening your own spa.
- Preparing people for special occasions.
The world is awaiting you and we’ll help you get there. Make contact and arrangements to enrol in our next beautician courses – your first step into a bright future.
- Enjoy contact with people.
- Positive attitude.
- Good listening skills.
- Competence and confidence – our professional training and courses will certainly be invaluable in equipping your with these attributes.
- Prepared to work long, irregular hours when required to do so.
- An eye for detail and creative ability.
- Passion and enthusiasm.
Tags: Highly Regarded Beautician Courses